French Toast Recipe: This recipe makes 3-6 servings.
1 loaf challah bread
2 cups milk
4 large eggs
5-8 tablespoons butter
2 tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Powdered sugar, syrup or fruit for topping (optional)
1. Slice the bread into 1 1/2 inch pieces.
2. In a large bowl combine eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon.
Combine with a whisk or fork.
3. Once combined pour mixture in to pan that has large surface area such as a pie pan or a cake pan.
4. Preheat nom stick skillet to medium-high and add 1-2 tablespoons butter. Let the butter melt and brown slightly.
5. Take bread slices 2 at a time and dip into the egg mixture. Let sit 5 seconds and flip. Let sit another 5 seconds.
6. Add bread to skillet and let cook 4-6 minutes per side. Do not move the bread while cooking. You want to be sure you form a nice crust on the outside.
7. Repeat with the rest of the bread. While cooking the other slices of bread you can put the rest in a oven heated to 170 degrees so they stay warm.
8. Add french toast to a plate and top with your desired choice of toppings.
If you want to use more bread just add 1 egg, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and cinnamon, 1 teaspoon sugar and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract.