Updated: Sep 14
What you need:
1 box lasagna noodles (par-cooked or raw)
2-28 oz cans of crushed tomatoes
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 bay leaf
1 whole white onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1/3 cup white cooking wine (optional)
1-pound Italian sausage
1-pound ground beef
2 tablespoons dried basil
1 tablespoon oregano
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
16 ounces ricotta cheese
¼ cup grated Parmesan
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Italian blend cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large pan and heat.
3. Add onion, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and ¼ teaspoon pepper flakes. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
4. Add garlic cloves. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Add Italian sausage and ground beef. Stir and cook for 10 minutes.
6. Add tomato paste. Mix well.
7. Add crushed tomatoes, brown sugar, basil, oregano, cooking wine, 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix well and cook for 15 mins.
8. Taste for flavor. Add more salt, pepper or pepper flakes if needed.
9. Add bay leaf. Cover and simmer for 15 mins.
10. Remove the bay leaf after sauce is done. That won’t be pleasant to eat!
11. In a large bowl combine, ricotta, egg, Parmesan, 1 teaspoon salt and ½ teaspoon pepper. Mix well using spatula or whisk.
12. In a lasagna pan (desired size, I used a 13x9) ladle about 1 cup of sauce to the dish.
13. Add one layer of lasagna noodles. Use extra noodles to fill in the sides if needed but its optional.
14. Spread about ½ cup of ricotta mixture over the noodles.
15. Ladle sauce over ricotta cheese.
16. Top with shredded cheese.
17. I was able to get 3 layers so measure ingredients accordingly.
18. On last layer don’t top with cheese.
19. Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes.
20. Remove from oven and add remaining cheese and bake uncovered for another 20 minutes.
21. Let cook for 15-20 minutes and enjoy!
As always, I appreciate you for watching and helping me get better with my food. Leave a comment, like and don’t forget to subscribe subscribe subscribe! Any feedback is taken and applied to don’t hold back on me.
Follow me on Instagram @Beardedplate88 Music By: Facebook: www.facebook.com/EhrlingMusic/ Instagram: www.instagram.com/ehrlingofficial/ All my cover art are painted by my good friend Niclas, go check him out: www.instagram.com/niclasbrgstrm/ Please visit WWW.CHANGETHEFACEOFDEPRESSION.COM and follow them on Instagram @Changethefaceofdepression. Please check out my friend channel for inspirational at home yoga https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsw5... Please follow #CTFOD on Instagram This is a great organization that has given me a chance to work with them. If you know anyone or if you yourself are going through something and need someone to talk to please visit the site and the Facebook page @changethefaceofdepression. There is some great information on there. There’s always someone to help!!!