Everyone has their special way of frying chicken. Sometimes it’s too much and sometimes you want more. Well, enough of that. I have the perfect recipe for the most easiest, juiciest and flavorful fried chicken. With a few simple spices in addition to some buttermilk, this fried chicken will be your go to. It’s so easy to do and doesn’t require too many ingredients. I’ll show you how to get the perfect amount of crunch and spice that all fried chicken must have. So, get ready, grab your pens and I hope you enjoy this chicken as much as I do. Happy eating everyone!
What you need:
8 chicken legs (or 8 pieces of chicken)
2 cups buttermilk
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
1/2 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon white pepper
2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon onion powder
oil for frying
2 cups all purpose flour
1. In a large bowl pour in buttermilk.
2. Add 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 tablespoon white pepper and 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper. Mix well.
3. Add chicken, mix well and let sit in the fridge for 1 hour or overnight. The buttermilk acts as a tenderizer and makes the chicken flavorful and moist.
4. When ready to fry, grab a large bowl and combine remaining salt, white pepper, cayenne pepper, paprika, garlic powder and onion powder. Mix well.
5. Shake off access buttermilk and dredge chicken in the flour. Make sure the chicken is evenly coated.
6. Place on a baking rack or large plate and let rest. You can let the chicken rest while your oil is preheating so about 6-8 minutes.
7. Heat oil in large skillet or pan to 350 degrees.
8. Add chicken and fry 7-9 minutes per side.
9. Flip and fry another 7-9 minutes.
10. Remove chicken and let drain on baking rack or paper towels for about 3 minutes.
11. Grab some hot sauce and dig in!
As always, I appreciate you for watching and helping me get better with my food. Leave a comment, like and don’t forget to subscribe subscribe subscribe! Any feedback is taken and applied to don’t hold back on me. Follow me on Instagram @Beardedplate88 Music By: Track Title: Pop Background Music Music by Twisterium. Music Link: https://soundcloud.com/twisterium/pop... Please visit WWW.CHANGETHEFACEOFDEPRESSION.COM and follow them on Instagram @Changethefaceofdepression. #CTFOD