Cornbread is something that is served with every Sunday meal no matter what’s cooked. We could have roast, chicken, pork chops, fried fish all served with cornbread as a side. I can’t imagine a Sunday dinner without it. Watch me as I show you how to make cornbread like a pro. Now I will admit I took a bit of a short cut by using corn meal and Jiffy Cornbread Mix, but with the addition of honey, sugar and buttermilk your guests will never guess it was semi homemade. Happy eating everyone!
*****This is not a sponsored video*****
What you need:
1 cup Jiffy Cornbread Mix
1 cup white corn meal
1 cup buttermilk
2 tablespoons sugar
8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter
2 tablespoons honey
1. Heat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl combine Jiffy cornbread mix, corn meal, eggs, sugar and buttermilk.
3. In a small bowl melt 4 tablespoons butter.
4. Add melted butter to cornbread mix.
5. Mix until well combined.
6. Take 1 tablespoon of butter and butter a 8x8 baking dish.
7. Add cornbread mix to dish and bake for 25 minutes.
8. In a small bowl combine remaining butter and honey. Melt for 20 seconds and mix well.
9. Remove cornbread from oven and using a fork, poke about 9 holes in the corn bread.
10. Pour butter and honey on top. Place back in the oven for 5 minutes.
11. Remove from the oven, let rest for about 5 minutes and have at it!
As always, I appreciate you for watching and helping me get better with my food. Leave a comment, like and don’t forget to subscribe subscribe subscribe! Any feedback is taken and applied to don’t hold back on me.
Follow me on Instagram @Beardedplate88
Music By: Track Title: Happy Background Music Music by Twisterium. Music Link: https://soundcloud.com/twisterium/hap... Please visit WWW.CHANGETHEFACEOFDEPRESSION.COM and follow them on Instagram @Changethefaceofdepression. Please check out my friend channel for inspirational at home yoga https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsw5... Please follow #CTFOD on Instagram. This is a great organization that has given me a chance to work with them. If you know anyone or if you yourself are going through something and need someone to talk to please visit the site and the Facebook page @changethefaceofdepression. There is some great information on there. There’s always someone to help!!!