Thank you all so much for watching my video! This is just another version of my style of meal prep. It’s healthy but flavorful at the same time.
Makes 8 servings
What you’ll need:
2 pounds large shrimp peeled and deveined
1 Yellow bell pepper
1 Red bell pepper
2 Garlic cloves
2-16 oz boxes of penne pasta or any pasta you prefer (cooked according to package directions)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup chopped flat leaf parsley
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1 pound asparagus
¾ cup low sodium chicken broth or chicken stock
Juice of ½ lemon
1. Remove the bottom ends off the asparagus. It’s about ¾ of an inch from the bottom that’s considered the end. Its really bitter and just blah!
2. Slice the peppers in quarters and then in thin slices and then in half. As directed in the video. You can really cut them into any size you want.
3. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil to a large pot. Toss in peppers, garlic, butter, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes. Stir and then let cook for 5 minutes.
4. Add chopped asparagus, stir and let cook for another 5 minutes.
5. Add chicken stock or chicken broth, stir and let cook for another 5 minutes. Once cooked turn the heat to low.
6. Cook pasta according to the package directions and drain.
7. Crank the heat back up on the pepper and shrimp mixture and add cooked pasta, parsley and lemon juice. Let cook for another 10 minutes
8. Remove from heat and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
9. Divide into 8 servings and place in food storage bowls.
10. When ready to eat place in microwave and heat for 1 minute 45 seconds to 2 minutes 15 seconds depending on your microwave and enjoy!
If you guys have any recipes you want me to try out please let me know via Instagram, Facebook or YouTube. Happy eating! Don’t forget to like, share and subscribe. Songs for the summer, hope you like it! Out now on spotify: open.spotify.com/album/0pQ2qWfyw7W9MbLX5HeiIy Ehrling! Facebook: www.facebook.com/EhrlingMusic/ Instagram: www.instagram.com/ehrlingofficial/ Spotify: open.spotify.com/artist/5wo7dlNLNdFmaaU7NTtdoT All my cover art are painted by my good friend Niclas, go check him out: www.instagram.com/niclasbrgstrm/