Chicken Tender Recipe: This recipe makes 4-6 servings.
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
2 table spoons water
1 1/2 cups whole milk
2 tablespoons white vinegar
3 teaspoons black pepper
3 teaspoons salt
3 teaspoons garlic powder
3 teaspoons onion powder
4 teaspoons paprika
3 teaspoons cayenne pepper
1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
6 cups canola oil
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon light brown sugar
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
1. In medium-large bowl add milk and vinegar.
Stir and let sit 5-10 minutes.
2. Slice chicken breasts on the diagonal into 1 inch wide strips.
3. Add chicken strips to milk and vinegar mixture. Then add 1/2 teaspoons black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika and cayenne pepper. Mix well and marinate 15 minutes-8 hours in the fridge.
4. 30 minutes before frying remove chicken from the fridge so the strips can come to room temperature.
5. In large bowl (that you will use to bread the chicken) add flour, water, remainder of all seasonings but 1 teaspoon paprika.
6. Remove chicken from milk and give a light shake and add 5-6 at a time to flour mixture. Shake chicken well in flour mixture. Lay chicken strips in single layer on baking rack and let sit for up to 15 minutes.
7. Heat oil to 350 degrees or med-high heat. This shouldn't take no more than 10-15 minutes to heat depending on your stove.
8. Add chicken tenders to oil 4-6 at a time depending on size. Let fry 4-6 minutes per side depending on size. Lightly toss during frying to ensure no sticking and strips are coated evenly.
9. Remove from oil and let drain and rest on baking rack.
For the honey mustard sauce:
1. Combine the remaining ingredients in a small sauce pan.
2. Bring pan to med-high heat and let simmer until all ingredients are well combined. About 4-7 minutes.
3 Pour sauce in dipping bowl and enjoy!
Animation intro by: https://www.instagram.com/angelothe_a...