For you pork lovers this is a new favorite. I'm not that big on pork. I probably eat it maybe once a month if that, but when I do I want it to be good. So, this is a new one for me. Watch and learn how to take something as simple as pork chops and make them taste like you are in a restaurant and you paid top dollar. The ingredients are simple and probably things you already have. The perfect cost effective meal for how ever many people. Trust me when I say you cannot go wrong or mess this up!!!
What you'll need:
4 bone in pork chops (boneless is fine also)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter (softened)
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary 2-4 fresh sprigs rosemary for garnish
3 garlic cloves (chopped)
7-8 whole garlic cloves for garnish
1 tablespoon olive oil large skillet (preferably cast iron)
1 tablespoon salt
3/4 tablespoon pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400. 2. Make sure pork chops are room temp. If you need to leave them out on the counter for 30 mins to a hour...covered please! 3. Preheat skillet/pan to med-high. You want the pan really hot to get a good sear. 4. Season both sides of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
5. Add olive oil to the pan.
6. Once the pan is hot add the pork chops. As you saw in the video DO NOT MOVE THEM ONCE THEY ARE IN THE PAN. You don't want to mess up the art you are creating when it comes to the crust of the meat. Ugly food is bad food. If you want you can cook the meat 2-3 at a time to avoid over crowing or steaming.
7. Cook the chops for 4 mins on each side. Turning once.
8. Once you flip the chops you can start to make the butter. Here's how: Take the butter, chopped garlic and rosemary and mix it. Simple right?
9. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter mix on each chop and pat lightly to cover as much as the top of the chop as possible. If you have some left over just add it atop the chops or directly in the pan.
10. Add the whole garlic and rosemary sprigs to the pan to flavor the juices that will be made while cooking. It also makes a nice garnish.
11. Place the pan in a 400 degree oven and bake for 18 mins.
12. Remove from the oven and let the meat rest for at least 15 mins before serving. I recommend 30 mins, but what ever floats your boat. 13. Take the sauce in the pan and spoon it over the chops or pour it on some roasted or mash potatoes. Mmhhmmmm!!! There you have it guys!
The perfect 5 ingredient meal that taste like it took you hours to make.
I hope you enjoy and please share what you think! Please let me know what you think in the comments. Also, please like, share and subscribe. Hit that bell to be notified of new videos.
Please visit WWW.CHANGETHEFACEOFDEPRESSION.COM
Please follow #loveyourselfie on instagram This is a great organization that has given me a chance to work with them.
If you know anyone or if you yourself are going through something and need someone to talk to please visit the site and the Facebook page @changethefaceofdepression. There is some great information on there. There’s always someone to help!!!
Please follow me on instagram @beardedplate88 Music info: You and Me by Ehrling Facebook: www.facebook.com/EhrlingMusic/
Check out my tracks on spotify: open.spotify.com/artist/5wo7dlNLNdFmaaU7NTtdoT