Baked Apple Roses
This video is showing you guys more so a technique vs a recipe.
I will list what you will need and how to make them, but honestly there are not exact measurements only because you can make as little or as much as you like.
The same with the sweetness you can make them as sweet as you like...no limits!
What you need:
Juice of 1 lemon
Bowl of cold water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Add juice of lemon to a large bowl filled with cold water. The bowl doesn't have to be full, but you need enough water to cover the desired amount of apples.
3. Cut apples in half and leave skin on. If needed you can core the apples. This is optional. As long as you remove the seeds then everything else besides the stem is edible.
4. Cut the half apples in thin slices. You want these super thin so that when you roll them they bend without breaking. You can make them thicker, but that means you'll have to cook them longer.
5. Once you have all the apples in the bowl. Heat in the microwave for 3-4 minutes or until apples bend without breaking. The wont bend totally in half, but you want them to have enough give so that they bend when being rolled.
6. Flour surface and roll out puff pastry. You want it to have the texture and thickness of pie crust which is pretty thin.
7. Once rolled cut puff pastry into strips. The length of the strips doesn't matter too much. I refer a 10 inch strip. I wouldn't suggest anything over 12 inches. They need to be at least 3 inches wide.
8. Brush puff pastry with melted butter. Then sprinkle heavily with sugar and cinnamon. This part you can put as much sugar as you like. If you were measuring I would say 1 1/2 tablespoons on each strip.
9. Lay sliced apples in the strip. While laying the apples need to be half way above the strip. Or in other words the top of the pastry needs to be halfway covering the apple. 10. Roll the pastry. Be sure to hold apples in place while rolling. When rolling don't squeeze to tight. Just simply lift and roll. no need to apply pressure.
11. Sprinkle with more sugar and cinnamon and bake on 350 for 45 minutes.
12. Let cool and top with powered sugar.
I hope you guys enjoyed this video. Again, with this one you can literally use as much of each ingredient as you like. This is a fancy looking yet simple dish. Your friends would think you brought this from a bakery. This is something made out of everyday pantry items. Don't forget to subscribe and why not throw in a share!! :)