I love love love Mac and Cheese and I don't know anyone that doesn't. There are hundreds of ways to make Mac and Cheese, but when I eat it, I want something simple and straight forward. I want the soft noodles, the tanginess of the cheese and that burning sensation when it hits the mouth. Can't get any better...but wait it can. I am showing you how to make my Mac and Cheese with a secret ingredient that'll be sure to amp up that cheese flavor. So sit back, relax and I hope you enjoy my recipe as much as I do. Happy eating everyone!
What you need:
1 pound box elbow noodles
1 1/2 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
4 ounces cream cheese cubed
8 ounces mild cheddar shredded
8 ounces extra sharp cheddar shredded
8 ounces Colby jack shredded
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
4 tablespoons unsalted butter
Heat oven to 375.
1. In a saucepan, add milk and nutmeg and bring to a simmer. DO NOT BOIL!
2. Bring another saucepan of water to boil and cook noodles for 6 minutes.
3. Drain the noodles and immediately add to a large bowl.
4. Add 3 tablespoons butter and mix until butter is melted.
5. Add 1 egg and mix until well combined. Don't worry, the noodles aren't hot enough to scramble the egg.
6. Combine the shredded cheese in a large bowl and set aside 3/4 cup for the top (optional).
7. Mix until well combined.
8. Add cream cheese in cubes, salt and pepper. Add 1 cup of the milk and mix. Add the remaining milk. I add it separate just to test the thickness. Mix well.
9. Take remaining butter and butter a 13x9 baking dish.
10. Add mac and cheese and smooth into a even layer. Top with remaining cheese.
11. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 mins.
12. Let sit 5 minutes before serving.
As always, I appreciate you for watching and helping me get better with my food. Leave a comment, like and don’t forget to subscribe subscribe subscribe! Any feedback is taken and applied to don’t hold back on me. Follow me on Instagram @Beardedplate88 Music By: Track Title: Upbeat Indie Hits Pack Music by Twisterium. Music Link: https://soundcloud.com/twisterium/upb... Please visit WWW.CHANGETHEFACEOFDEPRESSION.COM and follow them on Instagram @Changethefaceofdepression. Please check out my friend channel for inspirational at home yoga https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsw5... Please follow #CTFOD on Instagram. This is a great organization that has given me a chance to work with them. If you know anyone or if you yourself are going through something and need someone to talk to please visit the site and the Facebook page @changethefaceofdepression. There is some great information on there. There’s always someone to help!!!